[mapserver-dev] mappostgis.c

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Wed Nov 5 02:27:22 EST 2008

Hello Stephen,

Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>, [20081104-19:39:24]:

> Paul, Steve,
>
> I think I idly asked this in the past and it was ignored. Why would
> we not consider using something like SQLite to:
>    1) cache the parse epsg codes into, or
>    2) just compile the epsg codes into a SQLite DB that could be
> accessed instead of the textfile.

reading this thread with great interests I just wanted to mention that
QGIS[1] uses a build-in SQLite-Database for doing srs-lookups. The
QGIS-folks created a script which populates the SQLite-db from the
'official' epsg-file.
Perhaps this is still interesting for you.

Best

	Stephan

[1] http://www.qgis.org
--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>  | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998