[mapserver-dev] Re: layer.offsetfeatures

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 5 23:11:22 EST 2008

I think you're right and a RFC is necessary to gather all thoughts in one
place. MAXFEATURES was originally just a way to limit the number of features
drawn when used in conjunction with a sorted shapefile. It's taken on different
meanings from the original and is a bit of a cluster...

Steve

>>> "Paul Ramsey" <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> 11/01/08 9:54 PM >>>
There seems to be a fair amount of extant thought on this:

Perhaps an RFC is in order. It would be good to have the underlying
ideas in place ahead of the implementations, which will be legion.

P.