[mapserver-dev] Mapserver v5.2 ArcSDE point layer prob

Graham Davis gdavis at refractions.net
Tue Nov 18 11:38:40 EST 2008

Hi,

I brought this problem up in the mapserver IRC channel last week, and
have some more info regarding it.  Basically I've built Mapserver v5.2
for a client on Windows as they wish to upgrade from v4.10.  With the
new version, none of the their ArcSDE point layers work.  But polygon
and other types seem to work fine with SDE.  All of the problem point
layers worked fine in version 4.10 (the only thing that has changed is
the new mapserver).

I've since built them version 5.0 for them to test with (to try and
narrow down where the problem was introduced).  This version works fine
for SDE point layers.  So something has changed between versions 5.0 and
5.2 to prevent SDE point layers from working.  The error message they
receive is:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'DBM_7H_MIL_POPULATION_POINT'.
msDrawShape(): General error message. Unknown layer type.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Anyone have any idea what is going wrong, or where I can officially post this bug?  A snipet of the map file layer definition is attached.  Thanks,

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.
gdavis at refractions.net