[mapserver-dev] map imagecolor not working with agg/png

John Cole jcole at carinatek.com
Wed Oct 1 12:04:48 EDT 2008

I have a map file that I'm setting the image color on.  It works with
the agg/jpeg driver, but not the agg/png driver.

Here are my output sections:
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png"
    DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION "png"
    FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
END

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png24"
    DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION "png"
    FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
END

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME "JPEG"
   DRIVER "AGG/JPEG"
   IMAGEMODE RGB
   FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=95"
END

And my image color section is:
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 400
EXTENT -128.2 16.9 -65.2 58.9
UNITS DD
IMAGECOLOR 156 188 217
IMAGETYPE png

If I change IMAGETYPE to jpeg, then the background is set correctly.

I'm using MS4W 2.3.0 on Windows 2008 Server.
MapServer version 5.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICO
NV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUP
PORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR
 INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I checked current bugs and nabbled the list but didn't see a mention of
an issue here.  Do I have to set something in the png output for the
background image to work?

Thanks,

John