[mapserver-dev] IGNORE_MISSING_DATA

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Oct 15 23:16:48 EDT 2008

Sorry if I'm late to the game, still working through emails after FOSS4G
and another 2 days conference last week.

I agree with Assefa that LOG should be dependent on DEBUG [1-5] and
MS_ERRORFILE being set and this needs to be documented. If we decide
that DEBUG [1-5] is not required for LOG to work then that would be an
exception and needs to be documented, together with the required setting
of MS_ERRORFILE.

If I had written that RFC I would have been tempted of dropping the
--ignore-missing data configure option completely to cleanup and
simplify the code, but I can live with it.

+1 otherwise.

Daniel

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
> +1. The only comment I would have would be that the documentation on
> this feature should specify that the map or layer need to be in debug
> mode for any logging to happen. This is I think the current behavior.
>

> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>> I've updated the RFC on ignoring missing data to reflect FrankW's
>> comments. It is scaled back a bit now, just a global option, handled
>> in a CONFIG, rather than a new mapfile tag.
>>
>> http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/mapserver/rfc/ms-rfc-47.txt
>>
>> Absent violent disagreement, I'd like to start on this one soon.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/