[mapserver-dev] Vote on RFC 44

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Oct 22 14:51:17 EDT 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> I'd like to call for a vote on RFC 44 (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-44/) which restores access to most every mapfile parameter via URL provided some validation rules are met. I made a few changes based on Dan's comments and would like to move this forward.

I think the RFC still needs a few more clarifications on the usage of
patterns:

1- Make it clear that the pattern is actually a regex... that's not
stated anywhere in the document

2- Make it clear in the RFC and docs that the regex should be enclosed
inside quotes and *not* slashes... or should we change the validation
block to use the same syntax as class/filter expressions to be consistent?

3- Add some real examples (not just "my pattern" which is really not a
pattern) ... perhaps based on the excellent discussion in this thread:
http://lists.gis.umn.edu/pipermail/mapserver-users/2003-February/001950.html

I'll be +1 with those clarifications.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/