[mapserver-dev] MS vs GS aesthetics

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Sep 11 12:53:44 EDT 2008

I'd like to see the mapfile they are using. Is it AGG or GD rendered? What version of MapServer? The
fonts size in the mapserver image are a good deal larger which I imagine is contributing to missing
labels. The label placement code samples polygon scanlines and picks the longest scanline to label, perhaps
if we tweaked the sample interval we'd get better placement in a few cases.

Can we get this test case?

Steve

<30fe546d0809110931y4360e30fr32d089e2725fe195 at mail.gmail.com>, "Paul Ramsey"