[mapserver-dev] MS vs GS aesthetics

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Sep 11 14:56:44 EDT 2008

I played with this a bit. Some of the labeling is due to lousy placement in MapServer. Speed vs. quality in
some cases. That's what's going on with the placement if ID and CA, which in turn affects the NV label.
A smaller label size at least gets a few more labels showing.

For grins I converted MapServer to use doubles for size and width so that you can tweak the outline
thickness below 1. See attached samples. I can commit if folks want.

Label placement needs work with odd shapes.

Steve

<30fe546d0809110931y4360e30fr32d089e2725fe195 at mail.gmail.com>, "Paul Ramsey"