[mapserver-dev] Collaborators wanted for RFC-46 -- Operation Ditch Plone

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:28:52 EDT 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:39 PM, Steve Lime wrote:
>  See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-45, just
> above Hobu's anti-Plone rant. ;-)

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-46/

After reading through some of the comments on the poll, I think
there's enough support to ditch our Plone site, move off of UMN's
infrastructure and onto OSGeo's, and to build out a site unabashedly
rips off the OpenLayers project's successful web infrastructure.

I am putting forward the RFC in hopes of picking up a volunteer to
help with the effort, or at least solicit input so things don't go too
far awry.  If there isn't much input, I'll put forward the RFC for a
motion in the next week or so.

Howard