[mapserver-dev] Labelling problem using mapserver with ka-map

SUSANNE susanne.kalliany at tefis.at
Fri Sep 19 06:58:44 EDT 2008

Dear mapserver-community,

I already had some discussion on my particular problem under the
thread "Ok, one more labeling sample...", but even Steve Lime
had no solution which will work in any case. His last statement was:

> Ka-map is DHTML layer driven so you're definitely seeing the side
> effects of overlaying antialiased, transparent
> output on a background. The anti-aliasing occurs on a white background
> in the vector map which is why you see
> the white artifacts around your text. I'm not sure there is a perfect
> fix, variable opacity with 24-bit out put is the
> answer but not all browsers support it.

Does anybody have experience in this field?

My first statement was:
How can I get rid of the white "shadows" accompanying all letters ?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19570283/SNAG-000.jpg

Here is the signifanct part of my map-file:

LAYER
   NAME Kataster_region
   GROUP Kataster
   STATUS OFF