[mapserver-dev] msTransformShapeAGG vs. msTransformShape

Thomas Bonfort thomas.bonfort at camptocamp.com
Tue Apr 21 01:40:15 EDT 2009

Do you have an idea why the change in behavior between versions since 5.0 ?

> The msTransformShapeAGG() seems to function fine and I'm wondering why we don't just use
> it everywhere. I don't see anything in the function that seems to be AGG specific.

It isn't agg specific, but it produces a series of points suitable for
renderers that can treat fractional pixel values, whereas the gd one
trims points that fall on the same pixel. We should benchmark the
perfromance penalty that will/might affect the gd renderer if we make
it use the agg function before deciding if we can switch.

thomas

--
www.camptocamp.com
+33 4 79 26 57 97