[mapserver-dev] Using layers from different shapefilaes

jc_mich juan.michaca at paasel.com
Fri Apr 24 14:03:57 EDT 2009

Hello

I'm developing a SIG with Mapserver and Openlayers. I have several layers,
everyone are projected on UTM(WGS84), zone 14 north hemisphere.

In the beginning I used a shapefile which I've reprojected several times for
understanding geographical projections and it always works. Then I got other
geographic data files that were saved in tab files from MapInfo but they
were projected using different projections and I converted them into
shapefiles, using the projection above mentioned. Also I was wondering about
the integrity of those files.

I can overlap different layers using OpenLayers for vectors, markers etc.
But when I try to display a layer using the other shape files, they doesn't
display any map.

Is there anyone who've solved a similar problem, or a geographic expert who
can figure what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance