[mapserver-dev] RFC 56 - Documentation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Dec 26 12:35:30 EST 2009

Folks,

I was working on RFC 52 (one pass query) support for OGR datasources
and I discovered I now need "MapServer Template" at the beginning of my
query templates as described in RFC 56.

However, other than reading the code or tripping over RFC 56 it is not
clear there is any documentation of this.  In particular, it did not seem
to make it into:

   http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/template.html

I also didn't see any implementation ticket for RFC56 to which I could
add this as a note.

Anyways, I really think we need to document this requirement for templates
as clearly as possible.