[mapserver-dev] MapServer Documentation and translation

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Thu Dec 31 09:01:28 EST 2009

Lime, Steve D (DNR) schrieb:
> Cool, glad to hear you're watching. I just tweaked the template.txt file in the 5.4 branch. Which brings me to my next question. What's the best way to preview edits with our setup? Seems inefficient to wait until something is published...

I have setup sphinx here to build the html and pdf files. Just for the
html generation I did an 'easy_install Sphinx'
To generate the html just do an 'make html' in the MapServer document root.

To preview the html docs open the <builddir>/html/en/index.html in your
browser. I doesn't need to be served through a web server.

To genereate the PDF you will need an texlive installation. In my case
this was

texlive-latex-base
texlive-latex-extra
texlive-latex-recommended
texlive-fonts-recommended
(which will load a huge list of dependencies)

and an 'easy_install rst2pdf' on an debian system.

'make latex' and 'make all-pdf' will generate the pdf file.

Lars