[mapserver-dev] Toronto sprint hopes and dreams

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 2 15:48:36 EST 2009

It would be great if we could discuss (and maybe start something) about
the XML/Mapfile (see RFC 51:
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-51.html ). I know that this
rfc is brand new and we haven't discussed yet about this feature, but i
think its would be a good opportunity.

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Resolution of the proj4/epsg/caching issues. Either with working code
> or an agreed approach. It is the largest outstanding performance issue
> for Mapserver.
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to start a thread for folks to toss around ideas for things
>> they'd hope to accomplish for the Toronto sprint.  Here's my list:
>>
>> - GetFeatureIDColumn vtable method
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2009-January/008156.html
>> - A prototype mod_mapserver http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2565
>> - Finish up website automation items
>>
>> What do you hope to start, finish, or work on during your sprint efforts?
>>
>> Howard

Alan Boudreault
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com