[mapserver-dev] Any reaction to the 5.4 release plan?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 4 13:50:04 EST 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> My thoughts were also to have 5.4 pretty much in the can by the sprint. Hence
> the aggressive time line. WMS 1.3 is planned for 5.4 and may be one of the limiting
> factors in terms of when we can release. Even if the 1st beta is cut before the
> sprint that probably ties our hands enough that we can't stuff extra stuff in at
> the last minute. Although, one-pass queries would be tempting... ;-)

hopefully WMS 1.3 would be in a stable enough state by the current beta2
schedule.

>> With respect to Assefa's comment, I thought it would be best to wrap up
>> 5.4 before the sprint so that we can focus on new/6.0 stuff in Toronto.
>> If 5.4 is still in the way and the source has not been branched yet for
>> 5.4 then I fear that will reduce our ability to make real progress in
>> the code sprint (i.e. major changes just before a release is dangerous).

Is the intention is to create the 5.4 branch at the release date (as
described in the wiki)? If that is the case we should then review the
5.4 plan and cut it by at least a week.

-
Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst