[mapserver-dev] resultType=hits for WFS 1.1

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 26 08:05:22 EST 2009

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> is the resultType parameter implemented in Mapserver for WFS 1.1?
>
> I am in need of such functionality to get the query count, and
> resultType=hits would give me this option :-)
>
> But I fear this is not yet implemented in Mapserver ...

  No It is not implemented. From what I can see the Hits would return
the number of features that the query found (and not features).

It is too late to add it for 5.4 but could be added just after. You
could add a bug and set to 5.4.1 or 6.0.

I find it a bit costly though to do a request to get the hit counts and
then do a 2nd request to get the features. Is that the way it is
supposed to work for clients?

Best regards

> Best regards,
> Bart