[mapserver-dev] Hiding/enabling/ignoring layers in OGC Web Services

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 26 12:08:01 EST 2009

Hi Dev's and all OWS enthusiasts

Some of you may have noticed the long thread on hiding/enabling/ignoring
layers in OGC Web Services on the -users list. There are tickets up to 6
years old on this issue... we all agree that something is needed, but
there are many angles to consider and it's not easy to find consensus.

I have prepared a Wiki page to collect use cases, and eventually start
proposing and discussing solutions:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/HidingLayersInOGCWebServices

You are invited to add well documented use cases to the page. I have
started with a few of the most common ones that I remembered.

BTW, for those who were hoping for a fix for this in 5.4, I'd say it's
too late and more likely to be in 6.0.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/