[mapserver-dev] rfc49: call for vote

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Jan 18 17:31:26 EST 2009

+1 for RFC 49

thomas bonfort wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 19:59, Stephen Woodbridge
> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Does this implement all the new features that you used in you sample OSM
>> mapfile you posted a while back?
> yes

Great, I'll start off voting with a +1 above.

>> You can see it here: http://imaptools.com/leaddog-new.html
> the colors have a familiar look :)
>
> --
> thomas, glad to see this is already being used by others than himself !

Yes, used your colors. I had to adjust the min/max scales a little for
my data and this is all coming out of shapefiles at the moment. My next
step is to play a little with the mapfile to compress some of the
classes and layers which I think I can do without impacting the look and
feel, then I want to make a couple of additional color themes.

I am very pleased that in additional to a nicer look and feel of the
map, it made the mapfile surprising simpler and smaller. Thank you for
your work on this, it is a very nice addition.

-Steve W