[mapserver-dev] SWF Output : Labels + Ming 0.4

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Jan 20 06:43:06 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:18:22AM +0100, laurent.baey at free.fr wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I added a new version of mapswf.c with the ifdefs, which needs an
> appended version of the configure script.
> Aside Effects, one noticeable new feature in ming 0.4 among others is
> the ability to load TrueType font files, no need to convert TTF fonts
> into FDB format anymore, that means only one fontset.txt for all
> mapfile outputs.

Hi Laurent.
FYI I've been doing SWF-based webgis in the past
and as part of the project we've defined a format
to allow for transporting multiresolution tiles
of vectors and rasters embeded in SWF objects.

The format is outlined here:
http://simm-dev.keybit.net/modules/geoswf/index.html

Modules of the architecture are described here:
http://simm-dev.keybit.net/modules.html

--strk;