[mapserver-dev] Next release: 5.6 or 6.0...

Thomas Bonfort thomas.bonfort at camptocamp.com
Thu Jul 16 15:32:02 EDT 2009

single pass queries alone might warrant a 6.0 release, so I don't want
to be the one to hold on to a 5.x one just because the rendering
plugin stuff won't be finished.

Another feature coming in is native kml output, David Kana is
implementing under gsoc with Assefa and myself. I might be wrong, but
I don't think the SVG or KML additions will be ready for a foss4g
release.

All this to say, I'm a strong 0 on giving an opinion on whether the
autumn release should be 5.6 or 6.0, and will be happy with any
decision you others see best.

regards,

thomas

www.camptocamp.com