[mapserver-dev] Vote for MapServer 5.4.2 release (and also 5.2.3 and 4.10.5?)

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 20 11:21:35 EDT 2009

This has been back-ported in branch 5-2, 5-0, 4-10. The bug has been closed
again. Thanks Tamas.

Jeff reported on IRC that PHP/Mapscript and Python don't build properly on
Windows. The PHP problem is probably due to the add of PHP 5.3 support.

Jeff, Assefa, could you update us about that problem and tell if it blocks the
new release ? (Using 5-4 branch to test)

Thanks,
Alan

On July 17, 2009 09:57:00 am Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> I've reopened http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2943 because of the
> compiler error with MSVC2003. I've also fixed the issue for the trunk and
> branch-5-4 which should also be back-ported to the affected branches.
>
> I'm +1 to the releases, as soon as the problem is fixed in the related
> branches.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tamas
>

> 2009/7/15 Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>
>
> > Hi PSC,
> >
> > A member of the Debian security team has informed us that the fix for
> > CVE-2009-0840 in ticket #2943 was incomplete. He helped us see the light
> > and now we have a proper fix in SVN trunk and in all branches going back
> > to 4.10.x. See: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2943#comment:9
> >
> > Because of this, we need to decide on producing new releases:
> >
> > *** Vote #1 ***
> > I propose that we release MapServer 5.4.2 now with the fixes currently in
> > SVN branch-5-4.
> >
> > I open the vote with my +1 to release 5.4.2 now.
> >

> > *** Vote # 2 ***
> > Then we also need to decide whether we also issue new releases for the
> > other branches which were released with the incomplete fix back in April.
> > That would mean releasing 5.2.3 and 4.10.5.
> >
> > I'll vote +1 to also release 5.2.3 and 4.10.5.
> >

> > Daniel
> > --
> > Daniel Morissette
> > http://www.mapgears.com/