[mapserver-dev] Single-pass query RFC updated...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 5 16:12:17 EDT 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I've updated RFC 52 (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-52.html) to reflect work done at the code
> sprint and subsequent testing, thoughts about query files etc... I'd like to move on this relatively soon before it gets to hard to merge things. Please take a look and pass along comments. Paul R. and Jim K. can comment specifically on the performance improvements they've seen with PostGIS and Oracle respectively.

I like this overall. Except that the change in the behavior of
msLayerGetShape() could break some MapScript applications. Could we not
leave msLayerGetShape() unchanged and instead add a new
msResultSetGetShape() that acts on the current result set?

About the OGR driver, my first reaction is that I don't expect any
significant problem (famous last words...)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/