[mapserver-dev] MS-RFC-55: Improving control of output resolution

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 9 15:48:00 EDT 2009

Following a discussion at the code sprint this morning, I have prepared
MS RFC 55 that documents the solution that we came up with for improving
control of output resolution when printing. We realize that there were
interesting ideas proposed on the -dev list in the thread on this topic
a couple of weeks ago (like the use of point units for instance), but we
chose this approach because it is the most straightforward for users and
requires very little change to the source and to existing apps/mapfiles.

The RFC is going to be online within the next hour at:
http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-55.html

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/