[mapserver-dev] Sandbox Priv.s

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 13 10:20:47 EDT 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Good point, we could patch the committer RFC to that effect. I guess we should
> call for a vote. The topic being:
>
> Should we allow any member of a to be created mapserver_sandbox group access
> to the trunk sandbox.

What is "member the _a_" exactly? Member of the MapServer community?

I find that this is a bit wide open. We should let sanboxes be used only
for stuff related to the MapServer project. This was probably implied by
your proposal, but just to make things clear, we could perhaps change
the proposal to something like this:

"""
Should we add the following section to the committer guidelines in RFC
7.1 (which would become RFC 7.2)?

SVN Sandbox access:

Any member of the MapServer community can request mapserver_sandbox
group access to the trunk sandbox, provided that the person requesting
the sandbox explain on the -dev list what they plan to use it for and
that no objections are expressed by PSC members within 2 business days.

Any regular mapserver committer moving code from a sandbox to trunk
assumes responsibility for ensuring it is appropriate from a copyright
point of view and that all other requirements of the committer
guidelines are met.
"""

I'd be +1 on that.

Daniel Morissette