[mapserver-dev] documentation localization and svn structure

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon May 11 13:25:36 EDT 2009

> On May 9, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Lars Lingner wrote:
>>
>> I was playing around with Sphinx, but couldn't get the language suffixes
>> to work. Instead I found a way to handle the docs as follow:
>>
>> #some "global" files and directories
>> ...trunk/docs/_static
>> ...trunk/docs/_templates
>> ...trunk/docs/{conf.py,labels.py,Makefile)
>> #and the documentation separated in <language>-directories
>> ...trunk/docs/en/{cgi,community,development,...)
>> ...trunk/docs/de/{cgi,community,development,...)
>>
>> I modified the Makefile, so that for every language the html/latex/etc
>> code output is generated.
>> The output will be placed in ../build/en/{html, latex, labels,...} the
>> german output goes in ../build/de/{html, latex, labels,...}. Other
>> languages will be handled the same way.

Great work Lars, I like the directory structure that you have proposed.
  I am confused though about what happens to the "EN/DE" text when a
file is only in English - are those links removed?  (i missed that part
of your explanation/examples)

Other than that I agree with Howard that we should implement it, with
some sort of a redirect (and work out the bugs as we go).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services