[mapserver-dev] Use of XML namespace URIs in MapServer

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Oct 1 13:59:15 EDT 2009

Hi Daniel,

I would leave it as it is. As you say it does not need to point to
anything, it's a URI.

For instance the OpenLayers.Format.GML has it as its default value:

OpenLayers.Format.GML = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Format.XML, {

    /*
     * APIProperty: featureNS
     * {String} Namespace used for feature attributes.  Default is
     *     "http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver".
     */
    featureNS: "http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver",

I am sure there are more out there ....