[mapserver-dev] help:create maps on the fly without having a map file

=?gbk?B?3Me9qNGr?= ruijianxun at 126.com
Fri Oct 2 10:11:13 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I have found a paragraph in a book named <Web Mapping Illustrated-p>,as fllowing:
"MapServer map files are still a key component to writing a MapScript-based application. If you have a map file ready to use, you can start accessing and manipulating it right away. However, a powerful feature of MapScript is the ability to create maps on the fly without having a map file. In this case, you can build your map from scratch".
I donot understand that we can create maps on the fly without having a map file.Is mapserver can really work without mapfile,especially in the environment via PHP/MapScript or Python /MapScript ?
Best Regards,
Rui jx