[mapserver-dev] 5.6 release plan update

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 14 22:15:23 EDT 2009

As an aside, let's try to add 5.6 for the record to http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/MapServerHistory

..Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Daniel Morissette
Sent: Wed 14-Oct-09 21:48
To: 'MapServer Dev Mailing List'
Subject: [mapserver-dev] 5.6 release plan update

Hi Everyone,

Following up on discussions we had on this list yesterday, I have
udpated the dates in our 5.6 release plan to be closer to our current
reality:

     * Feature freeze - Fri. Sept. 18, 2009
     * 5.6.0-beta1 - Wed. Sept. 23, 2009
     * 5.6.0-beta2 - Wed. Oct. 1, 2009
     * 5.6.0-beta3 - Wed. Oct. 8, 2009
     * 5.6.0-beta4 - Wed. Oct. 17, 2009
     * 5.6.0-rc1 - Wed. Oct. 24, 2009
     * 5.6.0-rc2 - ?
     * 5.6.0 (final) - Sat. Oct. 31, 2009 ?

That means 5.6.0-beta4 this Saturday, either I'll take care of it when I
get to Sydney, or Steve will if I can't.

Then we'll work on testing and polishing things at the code sprint on
Oct 24th, and hopefully release 5.6.0-rc1 on that date.

I leave for Sydney early tomorrow morning and will not be online as much
as usual for the next two weeks, but I'll do my best.  Steve has a copy
of the release manager keys just in case. ;)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/