[mapserver-dev] 5.6 release plan proposal

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Sep 4 08:43:53 EDT 2009

Following up on the exchange we had two weeks ago about the 5.6 release,
I have updated the draft 5.6 release plan
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/56ReleasePlan) with the list of
enhancements that I am aware of for this release (based on a review of
the list of RFCs and of HISTORY.TXT). I'm sure I must have missed some
important items, so please let me know what they are, or don't hesitate
to add them yourself.

The plan also proposes a release schedule with a feature freeze date of
Friday September 18 (2 weeks from today) which leads us to a potential
release date on Saturday October 24 (the date of the FOSS4G code sprint
in Sydney).

Finally, I propose myself as release manager.

I'd like to leave this draft up for discussion for a day or two, and if
there are no objections or significant changes, then we'd open the vote
on it on Monday.

Daniel

P.S. FYI I will be on vacation next week and will return on September
14th, so I may be a bit slow to respond to emails during that time.
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/