[mapserver-dev] Vote for MapServer 5.6 release plan

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Sep 18 20:56:28 EDT 2009

Too many fires today and I didn't get as much time as I had hoped. I nobody minds
I'd like to take the weekend to finish RFC 52 support up.

Steve

>>> "Steve Lime" <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 09/17/09 10:07 PM >>>
I'll be working on the single pass stuff until mid-night tomorrow... ;-) The bulk of
the driver work is done and in place (still needs testing so there are likely bugs). I'm
finishing up the query abstraction stuff now so you can read/write a query file. Not
hard just touches a lot of code.

Steve

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> ***
> I propose that we adopt the MapServer 5.6 release plan at
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/56ReleasePlan, with a feature
> freeze date of September 18th, and a release date around October 24th,
> 2009, with Daniel Morissette acting as Release Manager.
> ***

Before I forget, I should summarize the results of the vote...

This vote has passed with +1 from DanielM, TomK, SteveW, SteveL, TamasS,
PericlesN and AssefaY.

This means that our feature freeze is this Friday September 18th and all
new features should be committed by that date and only bug fixes will be
allowed after that. If you have something in the work and don't think
you can make the feature freeze date then please speak up now. We can be
easy until the first beta next Wednesday, but we'll have to be more
strict after that.

With respect to the comments about the "Work in progress or unknown
status" section of the release plan, this was just a place to put all
the items that I was not sure about, but in the coming weeks I will be
seeking information from the developers involved in each of those items
to update their status in the release plan and get rid of the "unknown
status" section.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/