[mapserver-dev] Offset to the position of the graphic scale

Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara jp.alcantara at geo-st.com
Thu Sep 24 07:45:57 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the list and I don't know if this is the proper place to make
suggestions, or if this issue has been already addressed. If so, sorry
about that.

Many of us use MapServer as a WMS service which is visualized using
javascript clients and the like. Sometimes clients have their own
controls arranged over the map, and some MapServer features are hidden
behind them. For example, as far as I have learned, the graphic scale
can be placed in the corners or center (up and bottom) of the output. I
guess if it could be as useful to the community as it may be in our case
to place the graphic scale on this locations, but with an offset in the
xy coordinates, to place it slightly up or down or whatever.

Thanks for your attention,

Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara (MapServer enthusiast :) )