[mapserver-dev] ms rfc-58:kml integration

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 8 20:16:41 EDT 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Assefa,
>
> I'm +1 for moving into SVN trunk.
>
> I have a question about the projection section.  Can the RFC be
> updated to include the exact error wording when projections do not
> match the accepted one? (I'd like all RFCs to include error messages,
> as these messages can be quite confusing to users)

 I will update the projection section as I go. I believe that we should
set automatically the projection at the map level to epsg:4326 and not
generate an error. The RFC right now reflects what is currently
available but I intend to change this behavior which would make it I
think easier for people.

I will go through the code and retrieve all error messages that are
destined to the user and add a section in the RFC.

 I think It is a good idea in general to clearly define the error
messages but I think It might not be always practical to have them in an
RFC since this implies that the code is already written. I am more in
favor of having them "mandatory" in the docs and "optional" in RFCs.

Thanks

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca