[mapserver-dev] epub docs...

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:49:08 EDT 2010

On Apr 26, 2010, at 8:28 AM, John Cole wrote:

> I see where Howard added an epub step to the documentation creation… is that available for download anywhere?

Not yet.  You need an unreleased Sphinx 1.0 to be able to create epub docs, and the server where we run docs nightly doesn't have that yet.  I hope to enable things soon once after 1.0 is released.

If you're adventurous, you can pull down a copy of the latest Mercurial repository and issue 'make epub' and things should work.  I was able to get a usable set in my initial test.

I will also note that I have been working with the rst2pdf developer to ensure that the MapServer docs build with that tool as well.  That Sphinx extension will allow us to build a styleable (and better looking in my opinion) PDF without the latex overhead.  MapServer's complex and large docs have been a good test case(s) of the software ...

Howard