[mapserver-dev] mode=tile dependency on GDAL

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:52:54 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've encountered something that I haven't seen before - a MapServer instance
that was compiled without GDAL.  I'm trying to use it to serve up tiles in
"mode=tile" from a large raster.  I've encountered 2 errors so far, one
saying that GDAL was needed for display of RGB or RGBA images, the other
saying that it was needed to reproject the source data to EPSG:900913.

I'm curious if there is any way I can pre-process my raster data so that it
will work on this MapServer instance?  I've tried turning off all
OUTPUTFORMAT declarations, and pre-warping the raster to EPSG:900913, but I
still am getting the reprojection error.

Thanks in advance,

Roger