[mapserver-dev] RFC-60: Label enhancement to skip ANGLE FOLLOW labels with overlapping chars

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 31 13:32:17 EDT 2010

There was a discussion on IRC today on this: GeoServer does not
differentiate between outside vs inside overlapping labels, it just
discards any label with an overlap angle greater than 22.5 degrees.

I have to admit that I have read the descriptions several times for
negative vs positive MAXOVERLAPANGLE and it is still confusing to me.
If we do enable both, can you define better what the "inside" and
"outside" of a line is?

thanks.

-jeff