[mapserver-dev] OSGEO 2009 Annual Report - MapServer

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 1 19:13:24 EST 2010

AFAIK, XML is case sentivive, so yes. XML is not really made to be
written "manually". Most of xml editors auto-complete what you write
based on the xml schema. And if you are writting it manually, there is 4
rules to follow:

* All container tags (a tag which contain other tags) start with an
uppercase.
* All non-container tags start with a lowercase.
* All subsequent words begin with a uppercase
* All constant value (like FEET, INCHES, MILES, PIXELS, HILITE) are
uppercase.

regards,
Alan

zach cruise wrote:
> do the xml mapfile tags, attributes and values have to be camel-case?
> that really sucks!
>
> thanks for your work though.
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR)
> <Steve.Lime at state.mn.us> wrote:
>
>> Hi all: I spaced putting this together and just got to it this evening. While I think I hit most of the high (and low) points of the past twelve months there is undoubtedly room for improvement. Feel free to pass changes along to me (or make 'em yourself). The draft version is at:
>>
>>  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapServer_Report_2009

>> mapserver-dev mailing list
>> mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org

Alan Boudreault