[mapserver-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] Using e00 files

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Feb 2 14:03:40 EST 2010

Hmm.  I see the problem.  The current Mapserver behavior is "if the LAYER proj
is not specified, assume it to be the same as the MAP proj and don't re-project
the coordinates".  As Howard points out in RFC, the closest we could get to
simplifying the LAYER proj definition would be:

PROJECTION
   AUTO
END

Dunno about where to put the reading of the external SRS.  Perhaps when the
Layer Data is set mapscript could attempt to load the SRS.   I never could get
PHP mapscript to give me a valid projection object; I seem to have to set them
explicitly within the PHP.

Brent