[mapserver-dev] MOTION: Release MapServer 5.6.5 today

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 14 15:56:42 EDT 2010

Since we've got +1's from a majority of the PSC (JeffM, TamasS, AssefaY,
TomK, FrankW, SteveL and myself) and no negative feedback, I have
prepared a 5.6.5-rc1 package so that the binary build maintainers can
prepare and test their packages before the announcement is sent (Assefa
for OSGeo4W, JeffM for MS4W, Alan for Ubuntu/Debian, and WilliamK for
MacOSX).

Since the OSGeo download server is unreachable for me, I posted the file
on a Mapgears server for now:
http://dl.mapgears.com/dm-tmp/mapserver-5.6.5-rc1.tar.gz

Frank: once the build maintainers confirm that there is no problem with
this package, please place it on the download server after renaming it
mapserver-5.6.5.tar.gz and let us know so that I can send the announcement.

Thank you everyone

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette