[mapserver-dev] problems when compiling mapserver from source code

stephan_82 menno382 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 16 05:44:22 EDT 2010

Hello members!

First I want to apologize for my bad english. I hope that I can explain my
problem still good enough.

I just install mapserver in version 5.6.3. on CENTOS 5.5. When I configure
the source code and then run make, it is an error. I suspect that the
problem is that my OpenSSL library is newer than the mapserver needed.

My ./configure command looks like this:

       ./configure --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
                      --with-proj
                      --with-geos
                      --with-gdal
                      --with-ogr
                      --with-wfs
                      --with-wcs
                      --with-sos
                      --with-curl
                      --with-wmsclient
                      --with-wfsclient
                      --with-php=/opt/PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB-ApachePhp/php
                      --with-jpeg (but nothing happened)
                      --with-png (nothing happened)

The error after the make command looks like this.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5301205/mapserver_fehler.jpg

I hope someone has an idea and can help me solve my problem.

with best wishes from Germany
Stephan