[mapserver-dev] Mapserver release planning
Lime, Steve D (DNR)
Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Jul 19 12:23:52 EDT 2010
Hi Bart: Here are my impressions:
1) Quite stable. Most of the major feature additions or feature changes are out in sandboxes yet. Once merging starts I would expect things to be unstable for a while. So, if you were to pick a time, now is it.
2) The next version should be 6.0 with a target of Sept., but personally I think it's gonna slip a bit. I could see alpha's by Sept. but it's already mid-July and there's lots to do.
3) I would say no, not at this point.
What features are you looking to backport?
From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 4:28 AM
To: mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-dev] Mapserver release planning
we are doubting whether to use Mapserver trunk for a project or to
backport a lot of stuff into 5.6.X. So I've got a few questions to help me
1) how stable is current trunk?
2) is the next version still gonna be 6.0, and if so when approximately
would be the release date (Sept conference?)?
3) is there gonna be an intermediate 5.8?
TIA for any pointers.
Looking for flexible support on OpenLayers or GeoExt? Please check out
Bart van den Eijnden
bartvde at osgis.nl
mapserver-dev mailing list
mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the mapserver-dev