[mapserver-dev] Mapserver release planning

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Jul 19 12:23:52 EDT 2010

Hi Bart: Here are my impressions:

  1) Quite stable. Most of the major feature additions or feature changes are out in sandboxes yet. Once merging starts I would expect things to be unstable for a while. So, if you were to pick a time, now is it.
  2) The next version should be 6.0 with a target of Sept., but personally I think it's gonna slip a bit. I could see alpha's by Sept. but it's already mid-July and there's lots to do.
  3) I would say no, not at this point.

What features are you looking to backport?

Steve