[mapserver-dev] metadata language parameter (inspire)

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 11 11:50:15 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

I am not aware of current plans related to supporting the concept of
extended capabilities in WMS.
I am not really familiar with the INSPIRE specs, and I am not also sure
I fully understand  what functionality is expected from a MapsServer wms
point of vue: beside the fact that somehow we can configure MapServer to
return the INSPIRE language settings in the capability document, what is
excepted from MapServer  when a language parameter is sent through a
request? (possibility use language specific meta data such as
wms_title_english or wms_title_french, ignore the language setting
resulting in the default language ..)
I would be willing to put some effort toward this provided we define
properly what is expected.

best regards,

On 11/06/2010 6:51 AM, Martin Kofahl wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> INSPIRE requires WMS services to have a language parameter in the Capabilities (see [1] Technical Guidance View Services 3.2.3.3.1.11).
>
> <INSPIRE:ViewCapabilities>
> 	<INSPIRE:Languages>
> 		<INSPIRE:Language>ENG</Language>
> 		<INSPIRE:Language default="true">FRA</Language>
> 	</INSPIRE:Languages>
> 	<INSPIRE:CurrentLanguage>
> 		<INSPIRE:Language>ENG</Language>
> 	</INSPIRE:CurrentLanguage>
> </INSPIRE:ViewCapabilities>
>

> Are there plans to implement this information? Otherwise I would using a metadata in the web section, for now limited to one language code only.
>

> Martin
>
> [1] http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/documents/Network_Services/Technical%20Guidance%20View%20Services%20v%202.0.pdf

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst