[mapserver-dev] MapServer legend functionality

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 11 13:32:59 EDT 2010

On 11/06/2010 12:13 PM, Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] wrote:
> Assefa: isn't this a GetMap request which outputs a legend image
> instead?  I see similar logic.
>
> I've seen CubeWerx use 'GetLegend', which displays a full legend, as a
> VendorSpecificParameter in their WMS implementation, which I think is
> very useful.
>
> ..Tom

Correct, parameters to be able to use this functionality through OGC
would be similar to a GetMap request. I like the idea of having the
GetLegend interface. The other possiblity would have been to access it
through a GetLegendGraphic with vendor specific parameters to
accommodate this.
I was not aware of the CubeWerx GetLegend support. I also  think that It
can be useful. I am not sure though that Cuberx has the concept of
"visible elements only" in the legend support.

regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca