[mapserver-dev] MapServer legend functionality

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 14 09:39:31 EDT 2010

On 11/06/2010 1:53 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Personally I like extending GetLegendGraphic with an extra BBOX parameter. This way it will be easier to have generic clients. Other SLD WMS implementations can just ignore the extra BBOX parameter and act as they would normally do.

   I see your point. I guess we need to support at least the BBOX but
also all other parameters that are supported in the GetMap.  I am
wondering if overloading   GetLegendGraphic would not create confusion
for users with existing parameters used for a regular GetLegendGraphic.
Beside the OGC interfaces, It should also be possible to expose this
through MapScript.

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca