[mapserver-dev] Ready for 5.6.2?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 18:00:08 EDT 2010

Hi All,

#3356 looks good, however I have a couple of strange issues with regards to
the single-pass query to the OGR data sources.
Unfortunately I haven't had enough time to look into the details and
identify the location, however it seems like the followings may happen:

1. Performing a querybyRect, resultsGetShape may select wrong features.
2. resultsGetShape may retrieve different features when panning the view
within the same selection. (A persistent mapObj reference is required
between the pan operations to test this)
3. GetShape doesn't work anymore (ie. the former 2 pass approach). It
retrieves null shapes with no items.
4. Moving the selected shapes outside of the visible region MapServer
triggers an error (failed to draw layer)

Could someone confirm whether the query is working with the OGR data sources
at all, using the current stable branch?

I don't think I'll be able to provide a clear resolution to these issues
within the next 2 days, therefore I'm -0 to this release at it stands (by
not deferring the process because of this reason). However a new release may
also be required if the problems above will be identified as breaking
issues.

Best regards,

Tamas