[mapserver-dev] RFC 61: some questions

roman romat2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 06:40:12 EDT 2010

First, thanks for this useful addition, it greatly simplifies data
preparation for MapServer. I am testing it and I have some questions.

1) Line pattern does not seem to work, e.g. PEN(c:#FF0000,w:2px,p:"3px
5px"). Is it already implemented?

2) Labels - OGR style specification allows to reference to other attribute
value, e.g. LABEL(c:#FFFFFF,f:"Arial",s:1.5g,p:2,t:{TextValue}). With
MapServer I was successful only with literal text, e.g.
LABEL(c:#FFFFFF,f:"Arial",s:1.5g,p:2,t:"text"). Should referencing work in
MapServer? In my case, TextValue is used for other purposes so referencing
it would avoid redundancy.

3) Is it planned to cascade styles? It means that common layer parameters
would be defined in LAYER definition (e.g. in case of labels: color, font)
and OGR_STYLE atribute would have only parameters specific for particular
text, e.g. angle, size etc.

Roman