[mapserver-dev] Re: RFC 61: some questions

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 15:36:10 EDT 2010

2010/11/1 roman <romat2 at gmail.com>

> I thought that OGR pattern would map to MapServer PATTERN.
> But it does not have to be necessarily OGR style. MapServer feature
> representation is also OK (although OGR representation is much shorter).
> Documentation says that in version 6.0 PATTERN was moved from SYMBOL
> definitions to STYLE definitions but I am not sure if it is already
> implemented. I tried it (with MapServer style representation as feature
> attribute and also in classic way in LAYER definition, i.e. without
> STYLEITEM "Style") and could not get it to work. Is there any example how
> create simple dashed line in layer STYLE definition?

Roman,

Line patterns in styles appear to be working only with the new pluggable
renderers (like agg2png) in this regard the STYLEITEM "Style" with the
mapserver STYLE definitions should also do the job. By including the pattern
into the STYLE I think the ogr pattern could also be mapped to mapserver
styles quite easily, I'll see how it could be implemented.

Best regards,

Tamas