[mapserver-dev] 6.0 release plan

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Nov 8 12:07:10 EST 2010

RFC-50: I think this is out for 6.0 unless those authors are still around.

RFC-52: The changes I'd like to see are relatively minor (from a coding perspective) and are a return to a single getShape() method in MapScript. It will break 5.6 scripts but is simpler in the long run. I don't know that an RFC is necessary but I will start a ticket and we can go from there.

RFC-54: I think Thomas just needs to merge?

RFC-58 - RFC-63: Are all basically complete, perhaps need docs though.

RFC-64: Needs feedback. This may push us back a week or two depending on feedback. I think 6.0 is the right time to implement though given the types of proposed changes. They are not candidates for minor releases.

Thanks for pushing on this...

Steve