[mapserver-dev] RFC 64 - Call for a vote...

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 22 12:18:39 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 11:39 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> Need to act on RFC 64 one way or another so I’ll call for a vote.
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-64.html

Steve,

What are you thoughts on the TODO list? Are these getting pushed out
post 6.0?

Are you planning to put thread locks around the parser global usage so
you don not break thread safety? As opposed to making the code thread
safe now? I do not think you can regress thread-safety and break that.

For the IN optimization, if the IN list is large, load the tokens into a
btree structure and search will be very fast. I believe this is how
postgres does it internally.

Unless there are some serious concerns from others on issues I'm not
seeing, this seems like a huge amount of value for relatively low risk,
other than changing a lot of code. I think this needs to go into 6.0.

+1 for 6.0

-Steve W