[mapserver-dev] RFC 64 - Call for a vote...

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 30 16:13:31 EST 2010

Yes  are right, the buffered shape should not be necessary. I think It
is like this now simply because the distance parameter could not passed
to the   query function. I don't think that will be an issue with the
new implementation but I will make sure that it respects this.

best regards,

On 30/11/2010 3:25 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Yewondwossen Assefa
> <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca>  wrote:
>> On 29/11/2010 10:24 PM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
>> The current
>> implementation of these operators uses msGEOSDistance with a buffered shape
>> (buffered shape is created using the distance).
> Not
>
>    distance(A,Buffer(B,d))>  0  implies  ! dwithin
>
> instead of
>
>    distance(A,B)>  d  implies  ! dwithin
>
> I hope. Shouldn't run the buffer op unless you actually need the
> derived geometry

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca